Are you interested in working with Junto Magazine as one of our team? See below for opportunities!
Genre Editor, Art
- Work with other art editors to develop and revise, as necessary, grading criteria for submissions; such revisions are to be approved by Managing Editor and Editor-in-Chief.
- Work alongside other art editors to evaluate the suitability of submissions for publication.
- As needed, contribute to magazine content in the form of blog posts, podcasts, interviews, and articles.
- Contribute to the selection of subjects to be interviewed and articles to write about by proposing additional interesting and relevant topics.
- Review magazine files before publication to ensure accuracy of names, version control, and as a last copyright check
- Act as an advocate for Junto Magazine, sharing our message on social media, art sites, and with colleagues.
Regular Submission Duties
- Review submissions as they are assigned compared to established guidelines and criteria.
- Write a brief review and evaluation, to be sent to the submitter; then attach files and execute first correspondence with submitter via Submittable.
- If accepted, work with creator to edit and/or revise, or offer suggestions, on how to create necessary improvements on the quality of content.
Additional tasks as required.
Interested applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.